Resampling revisited and production audio

Darrin Cardani dcardani at dls.net
Mon Nov 25 22:05:26 PST 2002

At 9:18 PM -0800 11/25/02, James Asherman <jimash at optonline.net> wrote:
>While You are around i am having another WAY obscure problem.
>One client gives me  SVHS tapes . I feed them thru a Sony media
>converter into FCP and edit.
>I then feed the edit back thru the media converter to another SVHS as an
>edit master (luckily this is all to change real soon)
>They take the edit master and have a receptionist dub it into a prosumer
>DVD recorder .
>The DVD recorder Gltches on the Transitions (dissolves flips etc.) and
>shows an error of Copy Protect. ONLY ON TANSITIONS. the rest is fine. No
>problem is apparent on the tape. Any thoughts?
>Jim

I'm no expert in this particular area, but it's probably the DVD
recorder detecting what it thinks is Macrovision copy protection. All
Macrovision is, is putting the video signal just out of spec, and
maybe something in your transitions, or possibly the original VCR is
causing the signal to go out of spec slightly.

Darrin
Darrin Cardani - dcardani at buena.com
President, Buena Software, Inc.
<http://www.buena.com/>
Video, Image and Audio Processing Development