Re-install Slick and Virtex filters

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Thu Nov 28 18:31:11 PST 2002

Hello People ...

I do have nearly all of the Slick GeeThree and Virtex transitions and
effects ... Now .. I had to totally re-format my mac and install everything
brand new ..

Before I did so, I saved the HD as it was to an external HD ..

Now .. I thought I can just drop those files (effects and transitions) back
to the folders in iMovie (well .. OSX created a new version of iMovie on the
int. HD) ... But somehow that does not seem to work ...

I do not have the installer files anymore (or somewhere on one of those
1000ends of CDRs that are in my moving boxes) .. And to make things even
more tricky ... Here in Fiji, my online connection is very very limited ...
So .. To go out and download them again would be a bit cumbersome (while I
believe I have everything on the ext. HD)

Any ideas / pointers / similar experiences ?