Windows won't read a Data CD from a G4

Ken McNamara conmara at grandcanyonhiker.com
Fri Nov 29 08:18:08 PST 2002

Need to get color copies of my video's cover from a local shop that only
has Windoze systems.  File is 20MB so transfer on CD seems a rational
choice.

Running a G4 with MAC OS 9.2.2

Put in a blank CD system asks what format - default appears to be
standard ISO9660
Drag and drop files on it
Then burn it

Burn is successful and G4 reads the disk just fine

Put in a Windows system - it reads the directory - but claims the files
are corrupt.  A couple of these files are Windows PSD files that were
not altered in the Mac - but the main file I want was manipulated with
Adobe Photoshop (Windows says it's corrupt too).  Back into the G4 -
check properties and this 'standard' CD has some sort of MacIntosh file
system.

Called Apple support - they tried to help, but best they could suggest
was that maybe latest OSX would work better?  After 15 minutes - it was
pretty much duh, Windows isn't as standard.

Has anyone run into this?

Is there a reasonably priced program that provides more options for
writing CDs?

     KenMc - conmara at grandcanyonhiker.com
       http://www.grandcanyonhiker.com
              See our new video -
'Hiking the Grand Canyon - The Corridor Trails'