[MacDV] Sony TRV-25 compatibility with Mac

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Fri Nov 29 12:34:50 PST 2002

on 29/11/02 18:01, Remes Chuck at CRemes at foc.com wrote:

> I took a look at the compatibility list that Apple maintains at
> http://www.apple.com/imovie/compatibility.html but I didn't see the Sony
> TRV-25 listed. Can anyone confirm that this camera functions properly with
> OS X and iMovie? I'd like to know it will work before I shell out the $$ for
> it. Thank you!

I use a Sony TRV-25E on OS 9.2.2 on a 667 TiBook. It works flawlessly  with
iMovie and I just checked it under OSX 10.1.5 - fine with that too.

Go ahead and buy it - it was recommended as Best Buy DV Camera in November
by the UK Consumers Association magazine 'Which?'.

As for not seeing it  on Apple's compatibility list, I couldn't even find it
on Sony's website before I bought it!

Hope this helps,

Colin McDonald