[MacDV] Re: Formats...

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Fri Apr 4 11:02:23 PST 2003

> Im working in After Effects and it does not have an MPEG-1 option.
> Where do I get that option? Do I need to get a plug for QT or something?

If you have Toast Titanium, you can use the "Toast Video CD" codec, which is
essentially MPEG-1 at 320x240 (for NTSC).  You should probably have After
Effects scale the output to 320x240 as well so the Toast plug-in will scale
your video correctly (since it wont' actually be doing the scaling anyway).

If you don't have Toast Ti, then you could use ffmpeg or MediaPipe (OS X) or
any other MPEG compression utility to get the job done.  If you're on OS 9
then your options are more limited -- mainly only commercial apps for
compressing MPEG-1 like Cleaner or M.Pack.

Hope that helps.