[MacDV] Premier... I think

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Wed Apr 9 08:49:16 PDT 2003

> I've got a clip that someone gave me that I cannot get to play via QT,
> although it shows up as a QT file. I think it was originally captured
> via Premier... QT says it cannot play it because the compressor is
> missing... thoughts?

This will happen if the capture system used a proprietary MJPEG card like
Media100, Targa2000 (old school?), etc.  If possible, you should have the
person who captured the video convert it into a non-proprietary CODEC like
Photo-JPEG (highest quality) or *Apple* MJPEGA or B.

Otherwise, if you can just find out what system was used to capture the
clip, you may be able to download a control panel or extension (for Mac OS
9) that will allow you to work with the clip you already have.  That used to
be the case when I worked with Media100 and Targa2000 systems.

Hope that helps.

- Mark