[MacDV] Re: Suggestions for sound capture at wedding

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Thu Apr 10 17:24:26 PDT 2003

>If you have the facility I would suggest using a Minidisc recorder
>secreted somewhere close to where the bride and groom will be standing.

I ask the groom to wear the miniDisc recorder in his coat pocket, with the external mic (stereo) as well.  Press record (I use extended setting which records up to 2 hours) a few minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.  Press stop anytime afterwards.
 Connect the miniDisc recorder to my Mac's audio-in (mic-in) plug... record the sound into UltraRecorder as an AIFF file... import into iMovie and use where necessary.

works for my projects