Jeff Fay jeff.fay at uaf.edu
Wed Apr 23 12:30:50 PDT 2003

Miles-

I've owned most of the TV card/box setups for Mac starting with the
original Apple TV tuner in my old Performa 636.

I currently have both a mytv/fm (from the same folks that make mytv2go)
and an EyeTV. The EyeTV is far and away the better product.

The MyTV/FM's television reception is all over the place. When I would
change the channel on the MyTV I'd almost always have to adjust the
picture settings.

EyeTV costs a bit more but it gives you a Tivo-style hard disk-based
recorder that is great. It also allows one to stop live TV (to get a
sandwich or answer the call of nature) and then start it up right where
you left off. When it's on it constantly writes the program being
watched to disk and, depending on how big a buffer you give it - the
default is 187 minutes, allows you to replay any program watched within
that buffer time.

If you have the choice, by my estimation, you'd be foolish to buy the
mytv2go over EyeTV.

Check it out at: http://www.elgato.com/eyeTV/

Just my $.02

Jeff

--
Jeff Fay
Media Services Technician

phone (907) 474-5349
fax (907) 474-5139
pager 1-(877) 705-6923
jeff.fay at uaf.edu
http://www.uaf.edu/coop-ext
-----

THE STONE AGE did not end because people ran out of stone. The Petroleum Age will not end because we run out of petroleum, but because we develop superior technologies.

Fritjof Capra, physicist and philosopher, speaking at the Bioneers conference, October 2002