Time lapse?

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Fri Aug 1 06:31:31 PDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:38:32 -0700, ShirleyK <ShirleyKat at cox.net> wrote:
>What do you mean by "leave the film door open?" How might I do that on
>a Canon ZR-40?
>
>Shirley
>
>On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 08:42  AM, Phil A. Lefebvre wrote:
>
>>  Look into BTV Pro. It will capture live input from any camera. Just
>>  leave the film door open so the camera doesn't go to sleep. Of course
>  > you need to have a computer handy.

I don't recall the original post, but I believe Phil is referring to
the tape door. When the ZR 40 is in Camera mode and not recording, it
will automatically shut itself off after about 5 minutes of non-use
if there is a tape inserted. If you remove the tape cartridge, the
unit will stay on (you can leave the tape door closed if there is no
tape).

This is what I have to do when I've used my camera with iChat AV.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>