[MacDV] Time lapse?

Frank Flynn frank at declan.com
Fri Aug 1 15:40:20 PDT 2003

My Brother had an analog camcorder (Sharp I believe) that would attempt this
but it wasn't all that good at it.  It would shoot 2 seconds every 30 and
the manual recommended not to do it for too long (since the camera was in
pause mode during the 28 seconds).  It was very jerky.

I think you'd have better luck with a Mac (laptop if you need to do this on
the road) and use an application like ImageDV http://www.evological.com/
which can save still images from a DV feed or record the event live (real
time) and use this SW to extract images later.

Only keep every other image (or every 5th or whatever) to speed up the movie
then use iMovie or whatever to make these stills back into a movie.

Apple script can be really useful for the last step.

Good Luck,
Frank

--
Frank Flynn