universal video standard

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 2 06:11:30 PDT 2003

I'm not sure if it is the standard itself that people are resisting or ignoring but the price of the televisions which is MUCH higher that the standard definition TVs we've been using up until now. A lot of the resisting has been from those in the television industry itself with their reluctance to invest in the expensive new equipment that it would require and their desire to insert a "broadcast flag" into the signal to keep you from recording programs. -Dave