[MacDV] Re: Pass Thru Digitizing

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Sat Aug 2 17:10:53 PDT 2003

The Sony TRV-900 is shipped with the pass-through NOT activated.

However, there is a hack that will allow you to activate the pass-through function.  It requires purchasing a service remote. The RM-95 is a wired LANC remote which can control any LANC camera or VCR.  From what I read on the internet
<http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/rm95.html#transcoding>
...it isn't that difficult to do and you can always reset if you want to.

Haven't done this 'cause I also have a Sony D8 camera which does pass-through when I need to use that function.

Hope this helps !

Fabian

Keif says, "Toronto Rocks !"