[MacDV] Re: OT Webdesign

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Thu Aug 7 07:55:13 PDT 2003

I've used GoLive and Dreamweaver in the past, and I would *strongly*
disagree with the recommendation of Dreamweaver.  I think the key part of
the original question was "for a person lacking knowledge of HTML."  In my
experience, Dreamweaver is an excellent tool for the *advanced* web designer
-- it has all the hooks in place to edit the raw code in a GUI, but can be
extremely overwhelming for someone just getting started.  (Not to mention
Dreamweaver MX is a DOOOG)

I would recommend Adobe GoLive as the tool of choice in this situation --
it's *much* more like a page layout program than Dreamweaver, and when
you're ready to get deep into the HTML stuff, all of the tools are there for
that as well (but you don't have to touch them until you're ready).

Couple GoLive with Photoshop/ImageReady and you've got a killer system for
*easily* making nice looking web pages.

2 cents.

- Mark