Why the Canon miniDV over Sony

galley at texas.net galley at texas.net
Thu Aug 7 12:10:28 PDT 2003

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:53:23 -0400, Chris <macsarecool at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Well I guess overall I lie the Canon ZR-60 for it's features.The Sony
> TRV-19 just can't compete. The ZR-60 outclasses the TRV-19 in everyway.
> The Sony unit does not even have analog input. The ZR-60 does (and with
> pass through too). This is why I believe Mac owners who use Canon
> products are generally happier. They do not skimp or get 'cheap' by
> excluding much needed features like Sony does. I mean Sony does not even
> want you to buy the TRV-19. They use it as a stepping stone to highend
> models.Reminds me what Media 100 did when they came out with the QX. For
> $684.00 CDN you can buy a ZR-60. A TRV-22 costs like $1099.00. This is a
> huge difference in price. Which company do I want to be a customer of?

Just wondering if the current Canon ZR series camcorders still have the problem
with importing to / exporting from a FireWire disk (via iMovie). Apparently
Canon's camcorders weren't handling FireWire quite right. That's the only
complaint I have about my ZR 40 -- I can only transfer DV between it and my
internal hard disk on my iMac G4 800, not my external 120 GB Mercury FireWire
drive (from OWC).

--Gordon
Alley