Why the Canon miniDV over Sony - external drive question

Brenda Pedersen brpedersen at sasktel.net
Tue Aug 12 16:01:38 PDT 2003

On 8/8/03 6:25 AM, "<galley at texas.net>" wrote:

> Just wondering if the current Canon ZR series camcorders still have the
> problem with importing to / exporting from a FireWire disk (via iMovie).
Apparently
> Canon's camcorders weren't handling FireWire quite right. That's the only
> complaint I have about my ZR 40 -- I can only transfer DV between it and my
> internal hard disk on my iMac G4 800, not my external 120 GB Mercury FireWire
> drive (from OWC).
>
> --Gordon
> Alley

I'm most interested in the answer to this question as well. I purchased a
Canon ZR45 a couple of months ago, and will purchase an external firewire
drive at the end of this month so I can begin working with the DV footage in
iMovie. My internal drive is only a 10 gig and is 75% full, so is not usable
for video work. Please tell me the ZR45 will import/export to an external
firewire drive!

Thanks

Brenda