Installing FCP 4 with a firewire DVD drive

sb videovideo at mac.com
Thu Aug 14 14:18:26 PDT 2003

I've done it, no problems, as long as your external will mount a disc on the
desktop.

The only time a SuperDrive (internal DVD burner) is required is to BURN
DVD's with iDVD3.

(With an external DVD drive, you can install iDVD3, create and save a
project, but you must transfer the files to a machine with a built-in DVD
burner to actually burn the DVD.)

 btw, you need 15 Gigs of available space to install FCP4, Compressor,
LiveType, and Soundtrack.

 sb