[MacDV] Installing FCP 4 with a firewire DVD drive

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Fri Aug 15 08:29:45 PDT 2003

I don't really see the connection between a SuperDrive and Final Cut Pro...
I could understand if it was DVD Studio Pro, which will, BTW, work with an
external drive (since it doesn't actually *have* to burn the disk itself, it
just creates the DVD folders that you can burn with Toast).

But if I were you, I'd go ahead and take the external FireWire SuperDrive
out of the case and swap it with the internal DVD drive that's coming with
your Mac -- then you could use iDVD no problem.  ;-)  You will probably void
the warranty with the FireWire drive, but the procedure should be relatively
painless.

2 cents.

- Mark