Can the Sony DVMC-DA1 be made to work with iMovie 3?

Jeff Fay jeff.fay at uaf.edu
Mon Aug 18 09:31:17 PDT 2003

I've been unable to get my Sony DVMC-DA-1 media converter to work with
iMovie 3 or iMovie 2 (OS X) either on my 450dp or on an 800mhz iMac.
Both are running 10.2.6.

To quote Apple's website @ http://www.apple.com/imac/dv.html:

"And if you have a stack of home videos in VHS format and wish you could
use clips from them on your DV-model iMac, you can do that, too: you can
get a convertor box that lets you convert VHS-format videos to digital
video. It’s as simple as that. (The Sony DVMC-DA1
<http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/handycam/accessories/i-dvmcda1.html>
is one such converter box. It converts analog video to DV
<http://www.apple.com/dv/>, converts DV to analog, adapts non-DV
camcorders, and supports iMovie.)"

...so it seems like it SHOULD work.

iMovie 2 works great with the Sony box under 9.2.2.

Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

--