can I dig. on the fly, Betacam SX to ext. hd?

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Wed Aug 20 07:20:56 PDT 2003

Hello everyone -
I have a question, but let me first briefly describe my situation.
I'm learning how to edit back here in the office (Dual G4, Avid
Xpress DV, and a DA-MAX+ converter), but I'd like to speed up the
process, by getting it underway on my travels.
I shoot stories across the country, with a cameraman who uses a
Betacam SX.  And I travel with a Titanium powerbook.  For interviews,
when the camera is stationary for two hours at a time, could I
connect the camera, via the DA-MAX+, to my powerbook/ext. hard drive,
and digitize the footage (keeping the time-code) while the interview
is proceeding?
Thank you in advance for any advice,
Malcolm