FCE on a classic iBook

sb videovideo at mac.com
Wed Aug 27 19:11:36 PDT 2003

FCE will work on a clamshell. Actually, the first 2 versions of FCP worked
on a clamshell, maybe even FCP3.

As far as access to iTunes, it works differently in Final Cut. You need to
have an .aif file to import into FC. If you set your iTunes Prefs for
Importing to 48khz, 16bit stereo, you can CMD-I. If your iTunes music is in
some other sample rate or codec (like MP3) you can use either iTunes to
convert into AIFF, or you can use QT Pro to do it.
(I recommend using QT)
Make sure the sample rate is set 48khz and 16bit when you are converting.

For these and many others answers, check out the excellent Final Cut Express
book by Tom Wolsky. $21 at Amazon. The reviews indicate it's the best
FCExpress book on the market.

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/157820223X/qid%3D1062036497/sr%3D11-
1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-7197108-3908018>

Regards,

 sb