[MacDV] s-video to DVD-r

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Mon Dec 1 05:20:59 PST 2003

Be careful about using Toast 6. I don't know how well it works to make
DVDs but if you want VCD or SVCD it sucks. I have been trying to find
out if anyone else has any experience with Toast 6 but no one will admit
to using it so I don't know if it is only my problem or a bug in Toast.
Toast 5.2.1 works great for making VCD but you can't do SVCD with it.
The problem is the audio sync when encoding either VCD format. I have
tried all the latest updates to QT, iMovie and Toast but non of these
has fixed the problem. If you do want SVCD I would go with iVCD. I am
not sure where I found the program but I am sure you could find it at
Version Tracker. You will have to pay the shareware fee to remove the
watermark form the encoded video.

Good Luck,
Eric

>>> brucewll at comcast.net 11/29/2003 5:17:24 PM >>>
I'd like a recommendation or two concerning importing video from S-vhs
tape into a Mac G4 system. What is needed since the signal comes via
composite video (or S cable) instead of Firewire?

We want to edit footage using iMovie3 & then burn the final copy to
disc
using Toast 6 (or iDVD if that's better).

Thanks ahead listers,

Bruce

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
$879!