[MacDV] Formatting my hard drive

Richard Dalziel Sharpe dalshar at optushome.com.au
Tue Dec 2 22:43:36 PST 2003

Paul
Some applications demand to be put on the startup volume and in general
they clearly state during the installation process or this is explained
in  the "Read Me" that comes with them.
A good place to research is the Apple Discussion Boards on the Apple
support pages. I spent many fruitful hours there before I got my G5
dual. As well as the hardware there are many other discussions on
software. Don't be frightened when you read these though, as most of
the people who post there have problems and most  Mac buyers and users
never have any of these glitches.
Like me.
For what its worth I have two internal drives and a Firewire external.
The internals are 120 &160 gig and the external 80. The 120 is used for
all Apps, the OS and all of my normal installed stuff. The 160 is in 2
partitions one of approx. 10 gig which has all of the loops for Sound
track and a large collection of other sound files. The other partition
I use only for Video; captures and all of the relevant stuff for FCP,
iMovie, Compressor etc. This is wiped clean after a project is
completed. The external Firewire is partitioned into 2 volumes and is
used to backup my G5 and my wifes iBook. I do this with Carbon Copy
Cloner each week.
Kind regards,
Richard Dalziel-Sharpe Australia.