[MacDV] Video glitch on G5 w/ 9800 video

Paul Williams mulder at fred.net
Wed Dec 3 11:43:16 PST 2003

>My 2x2 G5 has 2 - 250GB internals and a couple of 120GB externals,
>23" cinema, and
>runs on OSX 10.2.8 (I have Panther 10.3.1 on my 17" PowerBook but
>waiting a while to
>install on the beast), and has been a dream.
>
>The only thing I have noticed is that when first booted, my video is
>kind of spurious,
>with artifacts distributed throughout the display.  After
>restarting, this goes away.  I have
>updated the firmware for the 9800, but to no avail.  It is more of a
>nuisance than a
>problem since it only happens on initial startups and is easily
>corrected.  Has anyone
>noticed this problem?
>
>Fujmon

Though not exactly what you're encountering, go to:
http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?14@62.h53raE5totn.16@.5998b321
and enter "black screen" into the search box in the top right.

There have been reports of the 9800 having problems in some G5s.
--
http://www.StuckMic.com/america -- The American Code