[MacDV] Re: More than 90 minutes

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Dec 4 06:46:00 PST 2003

On Dec 3, 2003, at 10:45 PM, Gordon B. Alley wrote:

> I used Toast 6 to create a DVD with 3 movies with a total running time
> of 91:09. It worked fine.

How did you do that?

> You wrote that Toast 6 "balked" when you gave it the 93-minute
> content. Did it put up a message complaining that the movie was too
> long?

It said there was not enough room on the disk.

Maybe I'm missing a step. I selected the Video tab. In the options
drawer I selected DVD-Video at the top, and in the lower "Options"
section chose NTSC, High for Video Quality and checked the Create DVD
Menu. I then drug (dragged?) my movie into the panel (an iMovie
reference file), selected a frame for the button in the editing window,
then clicked burn. After I got the message about there not being enough
room I double checked to make sure I had selected DVD as the media type
on the bottom-right (I had), then gave up on it for the time being.

Any suggestions to get it to work are welcome.

On another note, is it possible to get Toast to do the encoding without
a blank DVD in the drive?

-Mike