[MacDV] Simple newbie question

Juan Mariscal juanm at mac.com
Sat Dec 6 05:23:12 PST 2003

ONce the clip is imported and displayed in iMovie, you can either clip
in while it it still on the "shelf" (area where imported clips are)  OR
when you have it placed in the "clip viewer " (the area at the bottom
of the monitor) If using the clip viewer, select the timeline mode
(click on the little clock icon on the left).

In either case, move the playhead to the point at which the "monitor"
area shows where you want to clip your video. Now  go to the pull down
Edit menu and select split video at playhead. Your video is now split
into two sections. Trash what you don't want by clicking delete OR
split it again ... and again ..  and again.

To learn to use iMovie just play around with everything! See what
everything does.

Try http://www.atomiclearning.com

Specifically http://www.atomiclearning.com/freeimovie.shtml for FREE
tutorials.