[MacDV] Re: s-video to DVD-r

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Dec 8 06:43:57 PST 2003

On Dec 8, 2003, at 7:00 AM, Eric Phillips wrote:

>  Another work
> around is to export the movie back to the camera then use the plug and
> burn option in Toast 6.

Another thing I don't like about the way Toast 6 does things is that
AFAIK, they no longer use a Quicktime plug-in. That means you can't use
iMovie or Quicktime Pro to do the encoding. Fortunately, I still have
the Toast 5 Plugin installed so I can do it either way. Actually, I've
only used the Toast 5 plugin for this, so I haven't seen the audio sync
problems others have.

I have to agree with Eric. The features that induced me to pay for the
upgrade were the video features, and I've been pretty disappointed so
far.

OTOH if you need to burn data DVDs and CDs, Toast is much better than
using the Finder (IMO). I say that for one reason only -you don't have
to wait for everything to be copied to a disk image before you can
burn.

-Mike