[MacDV] Re: More than 90 minutes

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Dec 10 14:15:10 PST 2003

On Dec 9, 2003, at 8:09 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> When I first installed Toast 6 I recorded a 2 hour television movie
> and encoded it without editing commercials or anything and it fit fine
> on the DVD-RW.

Can you tell me what setting you used, because it just isn't working
for me. Its clearly letting me know there isn't enough room on the DVD
(yes, its completely blank)

I do it by going to the "Video" tab, selecting DVD-Video from the top
part of the options drawer, and under options select NTSC and "High"
for Video Quality (I tried Standard with no luck). Then drag in the
reference movie from iMovie (could that be the problem?), pick a button
picture (is there a way to select a background picture?) and hit burn.
When I put in the DVD, it tells me there isn't enough space (I put the
exact message in an earlier post).

Did you by chance use Video CD or Super Video CD for the encoding?

Seems like I'm missing something that's staring me in the face and I
just can't see it.

-Mike