iMovie 3 & disappearing clips

hawkgx at planetkc.com hawkgx at planetkc.com
Thu Dec 11 14:03:59 PST 2003

I'm running iMovie 3.03 under Panther on a 500mhz iMac G3 DV SE with 512MB
of RAM.  Twice
now in the past week, I've been editing a clip when I notice that my clip
shelf has been nearly
emptied out. We're talking anywhere from 25-30 video clips gone!

Each time, I think I had just cut a segment from a clip, saved the file,
and THEN noticed that the
shelf was missing its scroll arrows & indicator and had only like the first
3 clips left in the shelf. I
wasn't sure where the others had gone or how to retrieve them. I ended up
re-capturing the
clips... at a cost of some valuable time.

Anyone encounter something similar, or do I need to provide more
information?  Since I have 4
more videos to complete before Christmas, I'm hoping to figure out either
how to avoid this
happening, or how to retrieve the clips if they disappear again.
Randy