Toast 6 & custom menu background?

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Thu Dec 11 16:17:25 PST 2003

On 12/11/03 at 4:56 PM, "hawkgx at planetkc.com" <hawkgx at planetkc.com>
transmitted the following electronic message:

>I've begun using Toast 6 to burn DVDs of some home videos done in
>iMovie 3= =2E Does anyone=20 know if there's a way to substitute a
>custom image for the one Toast uses as a background for=20 the DVD
>menu?  I wondered if there's an image file stored somewhere in a Toast
>or User folder that can be replaced with an equal size graphic
>file=2E  This may be a hac= k, but if available, it=20 would be a
>relatively easy one to perform=2E

If you look inside the Toast application package, you'll find a
Photoshop document, Ocean.psd. That is what is used for the background
and menu layout. With a little care, you could replace the background
graphic with a different one and even rearrange/reshape the text boxes.
BE CAREFUL, though, as the layer structure must remain constant (Toast
assumes that all the layers are there in a specific order and with
specific content types/names).

--
Dennis R. Cohen
Mac Digital Photography