What to buy?

Kathryn Lucariello klucariello at nwaft.com
Mon Dec 15 15:07:39 PST 2003

Hello all,
We are wanting to buy a Mac-based video system but don't have a lot of
money. We are also confused about cameras and what will be compatible with
Mac.

Here are our questions.

1. We are considering the Sony camcorders, either TRV-22 or TRV-250. Neither
of which will play Hi-8 tapes. How do we get our former Hi-8 footage into
the Mac?

2. What level of Mac and operating system do we need to handle these cameras
and Final Cut Pro 4.0? Will a G-4 suffice?

3. If we don't go with Final Cut Pro (due to money), will iMovie handle the
Sony camcorders OK?

Thanks for any help you can give novices!

Kate