We're a three-mac family!

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 17 10:21:42 PST 2003

I've been hinting at my husband recently--how my 733 G4 is
barely up to par and how utterly beautiful the new G5's are
and what a good buy the new dual-1.8's are.

So yesterday, my husband brought home a new Macintosh for
our family.

A 7200/120 PowerPC AV.

A friend of his was throwing it into the dumpster and my
husband saved it from certain doom. We had to beg and
borrow a few items--a working keyboard and mouse, a couple
of 2-Gig drives and some memory--but I got it all cleaned
and working last night and now each of my girls has a Mac
of her own (we'd already had a 7300/200).

The new unit has the full A/V plugs. So does anyone
know anything useful to do with them? I vaguely
remember some poster or another mentioning that the old
A/V units could be hacked to convert from PAL to NTSC
(or back) in real time. Does this ring a bell?

Thanks in advance,

-- Erica
p.s. We also scored several 15" Apple monitors and one
17" one. We called up a few schools to donate our old
VGAs, but we were turned down. SVGA is the minimum that
they'll accept, so we had to put the VGA monitors into
the dumpster. :(