[MacDV] Re: Re making a cross platform dvd

cathal mc carthy mccarthycathal at eircom.net
Sat Dec 20 16:41:36 PST 2003

I finally solved the problem why a five year old dell pc won't play a
mac written dvd
simply because it didn't have dvd player called cinemaster 98 (that
came with the pc) installed on it. Once I installed this software the
mac made dvd played crystal clear including slideshows created with
idvd. It looked really good on a 5 yr old dell monitor.
Strange how windows media player in an xp machine doesn't recognise the
mac dvd?
I will install the dvd player there also and see if it works
I would not have solved this without the list!

Happy Christmas
Cathal