[MacDV] IMovie w/Slick vs. Final Cut Express

Bill Calamita bill at calamita.com
Sun Dec 21 03:25:36 PST 2003

> When I get
> Final Cut Express...will it totally replace all the iMovie
> and Slick stuff or are there things in iMovie + Slick that I will still
> want to keep on my computer?

I'd keep the iMovie/Slick stuff around a while since some of those effects
are very difficult to reproduce in Final Cut without a deep knowledge base
and a lot of practice.

If you want to do something quickly, it would be easier to do it in iMovie
and then move it over to FCE.

Another piece of advice:  Since FCE is vastly more complex then iMovie it
has a steep learning curve.  However, FCE will open iMovie files
(timelines).  I found this to be a useful way to look at the difference and
"step up" to FCE.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981.

-Bill Calamita           bill at calamita.com