[MacDV] Importing DVD Content

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Dec 23 07:12:54 PST 2003

On Tuesday, December 23, 2003, at 09:39  AM, Scott Wm Eastman wrote:

> I have a client who gave me their 15 minute promotional video on DVD
> and
> they want me to edit it down to a web-friendly 2 or 3 minutes... How
> do I
> capture the video from the DVD to pull it into iMovie?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!!

There are two ways. One is to actually convert the files on the DVD
back to DV using some software solution that other listers are more
familiar with. I go low.
I just run the DVD into my Sony Media converter and capture the footage
as DV . Once you reduce it and make Mpeg4's or whatever  it should
still look pretty good.
Jim