Burning DVD's - 3 Macs at once

hawkgx at planetkc.com hawkgx at planetkc.com
Sun Dec 28 12:00:37 PST 2003

Original Message:
-----------------
At 3:07 PM -0500 12/26/03, hawkgx at planetkc.com wrote:
>  >> You're talking to someone who regularly puts 4 and 6 hours of
>video on each DVD.
>
>-- Erica
>
>This is of interest to me since I recently had a DishNetwork DVR
>installed.  I have numerous movies recorded (anywhere from
>1 hour to 3 hours in length).  I can dub these to my MiniDV camcorder
>and get them to the Mac (running iMovie 3.03 under Panther). What's
>the best way with my setup getting the 1+ hour movies to fit onto a
>standard 4.7GB DVD-R disc?

I use a Panasonic DMR E-20 set-top DVD recorder. I set
the recording to XP/EP/SP or LP and, press play on
the TiVo press record on the recorder.

Cheers, -- Erica
p.s. The quality is iffy, but quite suitable for Angel/Buffy/Farscape eps.

Unfortunately, I'm not ready to move into the realm of a set-top DVD
recorder.  I was hoping it was possible to capture a 2-3 hour movie
onto my iMac, then use iMovie and iDVD or Toast 6 to cram these
movies onto a single 4.7GB DVD (I have both internal & external
SuperDrives available to me).

Anyone have experience using a similar approach?
Randy