[MacDV] Re: iDVD discs & playback problems

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Tue Dec 30 10:04:23 PST 2003

On Dec 30, 2003, at 8:51 AM, Laine Lee wrote:
> recommend buying a couple of different individual DVD blanks of
> different
> brands to see if any of them work better on your standalone players.
> All DVD
> blanks are not created equal.

This is absolutely correct;  I buy blank media only from top tier
vendors, like Sony, H-P, and Verbatim.  HP-labelled disks are almost
certainly not produced by HP, but made to their specifications and
testing, which is good enough.

For DVD-R and DVD-RW, I buy only Verbatim media.  Verbatim is the brand
which Apple uses most widely in-house for testing and SQA.  I was told
this by the sw developer involved with those efforts.

       Peter