[MacDV] Re: more about the inutility of defragmenting an OS X FS.

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Dec 31 14:00:49 PST 2003

On Wednesday, December 31, 2003, at 04:23  PM, James Asherman wrote:

>>  Tell me how I can reproduce this alleged performance drop on one of
>> my own systems.

Maybe I read this wrong. I thought you were asking for the steps to a
performance increase , but apparently you wish to see the decrease. I
see.
  First , play with your mac. Download some shit and try it out or keep
it. Let 10 year-olds play with your mac because nothing scares you.
Use iTunes extensively just for fun.
  Grab pictures from everyone with a digital camera that walks into your
house.
Play around with Limewire or some other peer to peer toy.
Download some neat desktop pics.
Make some animations and keep them at hand .
Use Apple's Software update.
Then...
Run FCP and plug in a tape and try to capture for an hour while you go
shopping.

hohoho