iLife intro/primer

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Sat Feb 1 07:41:56 PST 2003

On 1/31/03 at 8:30 PM, Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com>
transmitted the following electronic message:

>On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 07:22 PM, Jim Heid wrote:
>
>> And to avoid this bring a completely self-promoting email, here's an
>> iMovie 3 tip: To import a QuickTime movie, you no longer have to use
>> QT Pro to save the movie as a DV stream first. Just drag and drop the
>> movie into iMovie 3.
>
>That is awesome!  There's about a zillion hours saved.
>
>One thing that's been driving me nuts Jim - I saw you do a little trick
>with iPhoto on TechTV where the photo window showed "film roll" icons
>with the little triangles next to them for viewing the content of each
>roll - how the heck do you get that view?
>
>SR

Well, in iPhoto 1, you check the Film Rolls checkbox in Organize mode
(only works in the Library, not in an album). In iPhoto 2, you choose
View->Film Rolls from the menu (also, Library only).

--Dennis Cohen
  iLife Bible (April/May 2003)
  iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, & iDVD Bible
  MacOS X Bible