[MacDV] Re: The 20inch LCD Conspiracy

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 1 08:42:35 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 03:21 AM, SLarsonIH at aol.com wrote:

> Hmmmm, there must be two definitions for the word "require". I was
> taught that require means 'can't do without'. In this case, to me, it
> means, there is NO WAY it will work at all without 10.2.

Well you learned the wrong thing then, because that is NOT the common
meaning in English.

For example, if you were told that famous high jumper Bob Smith
requires Nike shoes to make his jump, you would not assume that he
cannot jump at all without them, simply that he cannot, in some way,
jump to specification.

SR