[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3

Mark Glick markglick at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 1 12:47:55 PST 2003

I have a TiPB 550MHz, 10.1.5, 256 ram.  I've been using iMovie 3 for
about 2 hours.  The following issues never appeared in iMovie 2:
importing from Sony TRV 20 is very clunky.  I get false starts with
often only a second or two of import then it stops, a grey screen for
some thumbnails, won't scan in fastforward only full speed fastforward.
In clip view it will go to timeline view on it's own.

There are very few operations that take place without a wait.  Almost
everything happened instantaneously in iMovie 2 except for rendering.

Is iMovie 3 that much more complex than iMovie 2?  It doesn't appear so
to me.

MarkGlick