[MacDV] Re: iMovie Sound Editing

Harley Myler h.myler at myler.org
Sat Feb 1 20:02:35 PST 2003

At 9:49 AM -0800 2/1/03, Robert Schoenburg wrote:
>I like to use Amadeus II
>
>http://www.hairersoft.com/Amadeus.html
>
>> I need to edit the sound track of a movie that i have put together with
>> iMovie. Mainly I need to get rid of hum, so i need filtering. Can anyone
>> suggest a good software package to do this? PeakDV appears able, is there
>> something cheaper for simple editing?
>>
> > Is there a plug-in to iMovie that filters on the soundtrack?

Amadeus worked great, but now I have a great sound file (aiff) and all sorts of problemas getting it into iMovie.

I exported the audio track from my iMovie, then I cleaned it up using Amadeus.

How do I get it back into iMovie?

I tried importing it and I got echoes.

I extracted audio then imported, but only one channel showed up and it was slightly mis-synched from the video. I tried sliding the audio, but it would not budge.

Now I have great video and great audio, but I can't get them together. This could be a flaw with iMovie playback. Playback of the audio in Amadeus is excellent, but in iMovie it does not seem to have the crispness--and it isn't stereo.

Suggestions?