[MacDV] Re: Adding Additional Sound Effects to iMovie 3?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Feb 2 00:57:48 PST 2003

Thank you Pam. I was wondering where they were too. I found the "Sound
Effects" folder just where you told us to look. But I noticed that what
was in it didn't all appear in the "iMovie Sound Effects" list. What
wasn't showing up were all the ones not nested in a folder.

Turns out you have to have all of your sounds inside folders in that
"Sound Effects" folder for them to show up. You can even create new
folders for new effects categories. So that's the rule everyone. Follow
Pam's lead to the "Sound Effects" folder, then put all you want in
there but in folders — nothing loose. And both aiff and mp3 files work.

Anyone know where the "Skywalker Sound Effects" and the "Standard Sound
Effects" are? Not in the "Sound Effects" folder.

Now can anyone tell us where the Visual Effects are? How do we add
those? I tried the import command. But the effects I want to import
(samples from the Apple effects page) remain grey.

Thanks.