iMovie 3

Joan Keenan jkeenan at islands.vi
Sun Feb 2 02:46:41 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 09:44  PM, <markglick at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> I have a TiPB 550MHz, 10.1.5, 256 ram.  I've been using iMovie 3 for
> about 2 hours.  The following issues never appeared in iMovie 2:
> importing from Sony TRV 20 is very clunky.  I get false starts with
> often only a second or two of import then it stops, a grey screen for
> some thumbnails, won't scan in fastforward only full speed fastforward.
> In clip view it will go to timeline view on it's own.
>
> There are very few operations that take place without a wait.  Almost
> everything happened instantaneously in iMovie 2 except for rendering.
>
> Is iMovie 3 that much more complex than iMovie 2?  It doesn't appear so
> to me.
>
> MarkGlick

I have a dual usb iBook & am also disappointed in the way it handles
iMovie 3. Same setup I was using with a Sony TRV-120 & an external
cobra firewire harddrive, just doesn't work very well at all.
I cannot drag clips to the trash consistently...they pop back out!
After importing some video, the camera just stopped playing when PLAY
was clicked, either on the camera or using iMovie. It would rewind, but
not play.
It is also very slooow.
While admittedly, I haven't played with it long enough to test
everything...too frustrating!...I do have a couple of questions:
Has anyone used the stripe caption title? I don't get that nice
gradient effect that was in iMovie2, although you do get to choose any
color you want. Is there a way to get back the gradient?
When I imported a still from iPhoto, it immediately started to render
it with a zoom transition...is this a feature???? suppose I wanted a
still?

I agree with another poster that it looks like it was made for the
faster, newer machines.

Joan