[MacDV] iMovie 3 minor irritation

Jim Heid jim at heidsite.com
Sun Feb 2 09:17:09 PST 2003

> Subject: [MacDV] iMovie 3 minor irritation
> From: Kim Peterson <tupper_kim at mac.com>
>
> All,
>
>   After starting iMovie 3 it gives the following error while opening:
>
> "Something is wrong with the plugin Localized.rsrc.  After selecting ok it
> appears to start fine and everything I've checked so far works.  I can't
> find any specific file of that name that might have a problem with it.  Any
> ideas what might be causing this problem?  Thanks.

I encountered this while working with pre-release versions --  you've got
files from an older version of iMovie hanging around on your system
somewhere, and they're causing the problem.

You should do a Find for anything with "iMovie" in its name, and then delete
those items (after, of course, verifying that none of them are documents or
folders that *you've* created that have "iMovie" in their names).

Then reinstall iMovie 3.0.1.

- Jim

--
Jim Heid
Author/Host, "The Macintosh iLife" book/DVD

Master iLife and more! Attend iDay 2003: Palo Alto, February 8
http://www.iday2003.com/