[MacDV] Still... Sound Effects Where?!

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Feb 2 11:27:50 PST 2003

Dear David,
The Sound Effects Folder is already there. It is not IN the Plug-Ins
folder. It is at the same level as and NEXT TO the Plug Ins folder.
Didn't you see one there? Here let me write the path to where the Sound
Effects Folder belongs.

10.2.3 volume->Users->your account name->Library->iMovie->Sound
Effects->

Inside that folder must be only folders (you name it) with the aiff and
mp3 files inside those. Then they will all show up in iMovie 3's audio
section at the bottom of all your iTunes sets in the choice called
"iMovie Sound Effects"

Move what you set up out of the plug-ins folder to it's same level. I'm
a bit concerned that you didn't already find a "Sound Effects" folder
at the same level as the "Plug-ins" folder. Never downloaded Apple's
bonus sound effects stuff? Are you using column view? It is the only
way to understand where you are you know. IMHO.

Download all of these and put them in different appropriate folders.

http://www.apple.com/imovie/audio_effects.html

My Sound Effects folder names are
Animals
Bells and Chirps
Cartoon Sounds
Doors
Drama and Action
Laugher
Loud Noises
Media Sounds
Music
Music and Drums
Nature
People
Planes, Trains and Cars
Sirens, Whistles and Horns
Space Ships
Water
Whoosh and Sproing
WindyRainyWeather

Everything must be in folders. You can add any you like. Anything loose
will not show up in iMovie. Good luck.