[MacDV] Memorex DVD-R Fails in Superdrive

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Sun Feb 2 21:27:28 PST 2003

I've had some similar frustrations with DVD-R media as well.  My
problem was with Toast getting errors either while burning or
verifying.  My problems started after doing the Pioneer firmware update
to prevent a fried drive if someone tried to burn to a 4x disc (Pioneer
DVR-104).

I've had good luck so far with Imation DVD-Rs.  They're not the
cheapest out there, but they're reasonably priced, and the jewel cases
are cooler than the normal square ones -- the corners of the jewel case
are rounded.

(new MacDV list message from Kunga in my inbox...)

Looks like Thubten Kunga has a URL fer ya.  I've always been one to
trust the name-brand discs more...

So there ya have it.  Imations for about $4 each that you can buy as
you go depending on your needs.  Or "STOCK UP NOW" on the 300 pack of
DVD-R discs for $200, and hope you don't get too many coasters.  Man,
is there a smaller package of these things you can get to try them out
before buying a huge stack?

Here ya go, get a 50 pack for $39.99 to try them out:

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=417&cata=1&s_cata=

- Mark