[MacDV] Re: imovie 3 and VCD

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Sun Feb 2 22:14:35 PST 2003

If Toast 5.1.2 works with your hardware, just stick with that.  It
looks like (from their website) that there were some improvements to
the Toast Titanium 5.2 VCD extensions, but if the 5.1.2 version works
for what you need to do, then just stick with that.  I've been using
5.1.2 ever since that update came out (that's when some newer VCD
extensions were introduced) with no problems.  As long as your burner
is supported by the version of Toast you are using, then that's where
you want to be.

Also, just checking Roxio's site... This is weird... from the version
history page for Toast, under the 5.1.2 update changes:  "Toast Video
CD Support 1.4 also corrects an issue with the previous version, which
inadvertently expired on January 31st 2002".  So it looks like this
should have been fixed with the 5.1.2 update.  Hmmm...  I dunno...

Maybe try deleting all of the VCD stuff before running the update?  Do
a search for "ToastVideoCD" (without spaces) and then "Toast Video CD"
(with spaces) to track down all of the VCD files.  Maybe use DropStuff
to "Stuff" the old versions, then delete the original files, then run
the update.  The updater just looks for a current, registered version
of the Toast application, and will then copy the necessary system files
and plug-ins where they need to go, usually replacing what's already
there.  But if it missed a file for whatever reason (stupid permissions
problems, maybe?), then that could cause a problem...

Yeah, try that...

- Mark