[MacDV] Re: How difficult to revert back to imovie2 from imovie3

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Mon Feb 3 05:24:31 PST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 03:15  AM, Warren Freeman wrote:
> I will be upgrading my video board to an ATI Radeon 7000 fairly soon to
> enhance my ability to play DVDs on my system, but I don't know what to
> do
> regarding iMovie 3.  At this point I, too, am a bit disappointed.
>
> - Warren Freeman

If your system has trouble playing back DVDs then DV would be a bigger
problem due to the much larger data stream.  When you view a video in
iMovie you actually don't see the file at full quality to help the
computer play it smoothly.  Maybe (just a guess) iMovie 3 tries to play
back at a higher quality than iMovie 2 did which would explain the
playback problems older systems experience.

Gerhard

> On 2/2/03 8:36 AM, "Pat Ellis" <ellis at champlaincollege.qc.ca> wrote:
>
>> Delete iMovie 3 and just replace it with another
>> copy of 2.1.x.  Works for me although I am somewhat
>> disappointed with having to go back.
>>
>> Pat
>>
>>> From: "Dennis A. Amith" <nt2099 at sbcglobal.net>
>>
>>> I don't know...from what I see you have people who are
>>> experiencing things just fine with imovie3 and people who
>>> definitely are expecting a very slow and not-so-good feeling
>>> with imovie3.
>>
>>> For those who wanted to go back to imovie2...and remove
>>> imovie3, would it be an easy process?
>>
>>> Daa

> digest version.

> $879!