[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3 & iMovie 2 Co-Exhist Beautifully

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon Feb 3 18:01:16 PST 2003

For those of you who did allow the iMovie 3 install overwrite your
iMovie 2, you can use Pacifist to extract and reinstall iMovie 2 from
your Jaguar Install CD-ROM. Just remember to rename iMovie 3 to "iMovie
3" or "iMovie The Dog" or  anything except "iMovie" before you
reinstall iMovie 2.

In future IMHO, any updates from the System Preferences should be
downloaded first using the "Download Checked Items to Desktop" Under
the "Update" menu instead of pressing the Install button in the corner
of the Software Update dialog box. Then you can archive the application
or system updater as well as have more control over the install. Always
move or rename old versions of applications before installing the next
version so the old version won't get over written by the new
potentially BUGGY new version.