iMovie 3 & still photo issues

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Mon Feb 3 20:53:46 PST 2003

on 2/3/03 10:31 PM, Scott Baldwin <sbaldwin at san.rr.com> dropped through the
skylight and said:

> To import still photos, it works better to put them first  into a
> folder in iPhoto, and then use the photo button in iMovie.  Clicking on
> this button immediately shows you the contents of iphoto, without
> actually importing the still photos. You can access any folder in
> iphoto.   You still can import photos to the "clips" window, as in the
> previous version  but this is where you begin to have difficulties.
> It gets messy.

Yes, we looked at the contents of iPhoto to import photos. I can't remember
right now, but I thought that when we clicked on a thumbnail in the lower
pane of the "Photo" section, it started importing/rendering the photo. I'll
have to double-check that... it doesn't sound quite right to me. I think our
picture duration defaulted to 5 seconds. I also think ours was defaulting to
the Burns effect, but again, I'll have to re-visit that tomorrow.

> By using the iphoto route you can set the duration of the photo and the
> zoom effect  before you actually drag it to the clip viewer.  The zoom
> effect is not the default setting when using this method (at least in
> my system!).  Picture duration defaults to 3 secs.  If you change the
> duration of any one picture, all the subsequent pictures have this
> duration.
>
> I agree though, I still would like to be able change the duration of a
> photo after it is in the clip viewer.  Sometimes you want to play
> around with this to get it right.

Does that mean you couldn't find a way to change the duration either?

--
Randy Clark
hawkgx at planetkc.com
Kansas City